The legal tampering period is officially open. That means teams can negotiate with players set to be unrestricted free agents. The Jaguars have 10 such players.
Here we will take a quick look at each of them.
1. Allen Robinson - the Jaguars big bodied wide receiver appears set for a big pay day. Following a down year in 2016 Robinson tore his ACL on the Jaguars first offensive drive of 2017. Still Robinson is just 24 and will have a huge free agent market. He's been linked to the Bears and 49ers, two teams that both need help at WR.
2. Marqise Lee - another 2014 second round pick by the Jaguars, Lee is set to become a free agent. He's shown the ability to be an effective receiver but doesn't do any one thing at an elite level and led the NFL in drops in 2017. He'll have a market, but it's unclear how much teams will be willing to offer. He could get a deal similar to what the 49ers just gave Marquise Goodwin: 3 years, $20.3 million.
3. Aaron Colvin - the Jaguars starting nickel corner back has been excellent during his career in Jacksonville, but could be looking for outside cornerback money. If that's the case it seems unlikely the Jaguars will be willing to bring him back as he'll be third on the Jaguars depth chart at cornerback with Bouye and Ramsey firmly cemented as the team's two outside CBs.
4. Paul Posluszny - the veteran linebacker is the ultimate pro. But his skill set is no longer valuable to a Jaguars defense that has speed at every level. At 33 years old the Jaguars all time leading tackler could be on the verge of retirement, but may sign on with another team to finish out his impressive NFL career.
5. Chad Henne - the Jaguars long time backup QB will likely find a new home this offseason. The Jaguars need to upgrade their QB room and get a bit younger behind Blake Bortles.
6. Patrick Omameh - a starter for the Jaguars for much of the last two seasons Omameh is set to hit free agency. He's played at an average level for the Jaguars, but guard could be a position the Jaguars try to upgrade this offseason. Omameh might be the odd man out on the Jaguars offensive line. He'll find work somewhere.
7. Arrelious Benn - with a career marred by injury, Benn has likely played his last down as a Jaguar. The special teams ace will likely be replaced by a younger, more athletic player.
8. Mychal Rivera - the veteran tight end signed with the Jaguars last offseason but never saw the field due to injuries. The hope was that he could be a guy that could attack the middle of the field for the Jaguars. Now he'll likely have to find a new home.
9. Matt Overton - Overton was signed due to an injury epidemic at the long snapper spot for the Jaguars. The Jags will likely keep the original starter at the position Carson Tinker, who has been a special teams captain and team leader.
10. Lerentee McCray - The Jaguars may look to bring McCray back on a team friendly deal. He has pass rush ability and is valuable on special teams. But he too may find a new home this offseason.
Who do you want the Jaguars to bring back for 2018?
Let us know in the comments below.
This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the NFL or the Jacksonville Jaguars."NFL" is a registered trademark of the National Football League. "Jacksonville Jaguars" are a registered trademark of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The information provided on this website is provided for information and entertainment purposes only. RSS Feed.