The Jaguars have an opportunity to do something this week that they haven't done in a decade - clinch a playoff spot. They'll need a lot to go their way in order for their ticket to the playoffs to be punched during week 14 of the NFL season, but it is possible that next Monday evening the Jaguars will be guaranteed a spot in the 2017 NFL Playoffs!
Let's take a look at just what needs to happen for the Jaguars to clinch their first playoff appearance in 10 years.
1. The Jaguars need to beat the Seahawks. The Jaguars are installed as the early favorite but this heavy weight contest could go either way.
2. The Dolphins have to lose to the Patriots - everyone expects that to happen.
3. The Bills have to lose to the Colts - it seems highly unlikely, but the Colts had been playing better football prior to their collapse against the Jaguars in week 13.
4. The Chargers have to lose to the Redskins - a very possible outcome, but the Chargers have been red hot as of late and have the advantage of playing at home in this one.
5. Finally, the Jets have to lose to the Broncos - the Jets face the Broncos, who have been slumping badly, but the game is in Denver.
So, the Jaguars need a lot to happen in order for them to clinch a playoff spot this week. But, yes, it is possible. While it's unlikely that the Jags do clinch the spot this weekend, this does mean that the Jaguars will get closer and closer to clinching their spot as the weeks go on, and will very likely have their playoff spot clinched before the final week of the regular season.
Stay tuned for more Jaguars coverage!
Follow Jordan de Lugo on Twitter.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Powered by RedCircle
Voted #1 Blog in Jax